It's great to be in Murray!!! I love how connected all of the people are. Sometimes I feel like I've graduated from Murray High each of the last two years I know so many of the senior class. Definitely one of the random good things about being in Salt Lake City in our homey areas. I went on exchanges again in Murray Little Cottonwood and the Winthers gave me a Murray baseball shirt haha
Aaron Marietta was a miracle... we had just finished doing some tracting in the early afternoon, but hadn't had any success catching anyone at home. We sat down to make some calls to fellowshippers to set up daily contact with our investigators. As has become a habit lately, I said a silent prayer to ask God to know His will for me right then. I immediately thought of Aaron, which was weird because I had never met him before... he was a former that had been taught by Elders Bass and Lynn. We texted his fellowshipper and asked if he had made any contact with him recently. Within a second after we sent the text, we got a call from an unknown number, and it was Aaron calling from a payphone! He had been homeless for three weeks - his roommate kicked him out because he found out he was getting baptized. Our number was the only one he had memorized so as soon as he got enough change he called, so we set up an appointment with him and got the ward heavily involved. He's going to be baptized this Saturday and is very excited to make those covenants.
thank you,
Elder Chandler
---------------------------
thought: a turned phrase
The expectation of missionary work is for you to invite others to take the missionary discussions.
The challenge of missionary work is for others to ask you to take the missionary discussions!
No comments:
Post a Comment