Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Letter 03-18-2014

It was super windy yesterday. So windy actually that Elder Bass' pedal fell off from pedaling so hard against it, so we went to a member's house to get a wrench to fix it. They weren't home so we went to our neighboring stake mission leader's home. We apologized about interrupting their family night, only to end up turning the corner in their home into the general relief society president, Sister Burton. So we met her and got our pedal fixed. Anyways if you hear her tell a story in conference about a missionary who was peddling so hard his pedal fell off it's about Elder Bass and I. :)


Sunday evening there was a youth fireside about dating... we went by at the end to get refreshments. It turned out to be a tri-stake meeting with the Little Cottonwood, Parkway, and South stakes. I knew EVERYONE hahahaha it was awesome. We're going to get a bi-stake youth activity going on with Mobsters and Missionaries to get more non-members to. It should be awesome.

We're still teaching a ton. And working with a ton of people. It's kind of a sad vicious cycle though because we put a lot of people on baptism date, then their baptism dates get close and they fall off, but we find more in between. At least our teaching pool is huge so we'll have a great couple months coming up.

Elder Chandler
----------------------------
thought: repentance and covenant making

I've been pondering repentance a lot lately, especially the relationship and transfer of debt between Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and ourselves.

Sometimes I think I'm tricked when thinking about repentance into thinking repentance is us transferring the weight of our sins onto Christ. That it's a one-way transfer of burden, because Christ suffered for us anyways. As I've been thinking about it before I think I understand better that repentance itself is a covenant, a two-way promise. Christ takes the burdens of our sins off of us, and we take upon ourselves a burden.


It's interesting to me that, especially in the D&C, it seems the burden that Christ puts on us as our term is actually to go out and do missionary work. I know I've felt the power of the Atonement more as I've gone out and borne testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I've never felt better about myself, my world, and God!

No comments:

Post a Comment