Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Letter 6-4-2013

Hello people,

It's hard to fit everything that happens in a week in one email lately. Midvale just keeps producing miracles. Sometimes, when I'm walking around in some of the government housing, I like to think I'm out in Central America with Nick and Conner, ha. There's enough hispanics to justify the feeling (and enough success as well) :)

Right now we're working with six people for baptism! The easiest way I can think of to organize this letter is this:

June 8th: Chris Hansen - nine years old, was interviewed on Saturday and is excited and ready to go! He's been filling out baptism invitations and leaving them in all his neighbor's mailboxes, haha. Been great to teach him! He's also asked me to confirm him so that will be fun too.

June 15th: Luke Sherner - a fifteen year old that's been going to church actively since he was an infant, but has so much respect for his dad he hasn't wanted to move forward to baptism until he got permission from him (even though dad has no custody...). He feels now he's old enough to make his own decision though, and so is planning on telling his dad this week he's getting baptized on the 15th and wants him to be there.

June 22nd: Sara and Tori Darlington - A family that we've been teaching for a while. They just got to church for the first time on Sunday (one for five!). We're going to temple square with them on Saturday, so they should contune to be steadfast.

June 29th: Madi Brito - nine year old whos mom wants her baptized... but her mom is also a heavy drinker and smoker. They're hard to catch but things should work out in the end;

Chris Floyd - single, older guy. He came to Utah with his fiancee, but they broke up. Some other missionaries ran into him and he read the Book of Mormon they gave him. He wants to change his life and get baptized before he goes back to Florida.

So yeah! And more should be on the way. Other than that, the birthday was great. I picked up some pink lemonade cookie dough to try. ummm... yeah!
~Elder Chandler

--------------------------------
thought: the process

I've been thinking a lot lately about a process pattern that I see a lot of different places:

Who -> Why -> What -> How -> When

I see this process in a ton of places! So some examples:

Planning: who -> (why) -> what -> how -> when

The Gospel: Faith (who) -> Repentance (why) -> Baptism (what) -> Holy Ghost (how) -> Endure to the End (when)

Solving concerns (PMG pg 187): (who -> why)[testimony] -> what -> (how -> when)[commitment]


That's a few that came to the top of my head... I'm sure there's something on this already but it just intrigues me that it has such power.

No comments:

Post a Comment