Hey,
It's been a busy week. We had to get Elder Oliveros all set for everything
that comes up at the beginning of a mission - bike, all that. He's from the
Philippines. Started learning English in the MTC basically, so he's still
learning the language. It's definitely different, but it's fun. He comes from a
culture in which internet cafes are the norm (and League of Legends), which I
think is so cool. (But just so you know that's not what we talk about, I just
think internet cafes would be fun).
Things continue to progress with the investigators we have, although lately
we've had problems with them falling off date. At least we can put them back on
again. They haven't dropped us :) So things are staying busy. We've just got to
continue finding more.
Other than that all is good... some pictures to make up for last weeks lack
of baptism pictures is coming up (Chris' baptism with his eight year old
neighbor friend, and our last zone workout in the morning before
transfers):
~Elder Chandler
----------------------------
thought: Personal Peace
I really like Elder Cook's talk from general conference more and more. As
the missionary work gets busier and responsibility is added, I'm finding it's
easy to dwell on all the things I need to do and all the mistakes I make. And so
I really enjoy the idea that "happiness and contentment" can come through Jesus
Christ, by our personal righteousness.
Scripture to back it all up, that to me basically says, "don't stress, but
find peace", Phillippians 4:6-7:
"Be careful for nothing; (footnote: Don't be unduly concerned about
anything) but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let
your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your
hearts and minds through Jesus Christ."
No comments:
Post a Comment