Saturday, June 1, 2013

Letter 5-28-2013

Happy birthday to me,

I've been lucky to get out on a mission where Pdays just happen to fall on Christmas, New Years, and my birthday. Woo.

With enough Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal to feed five thousand, I've been doing pretty good this week. Who wouldn't when you're able to start off a day with dinosaurs? (Holden, that egg had a triceratops in it, and it's getting pretty big now...).

Even though we're going through a rough spot with most of our investigators, I'm optimistic about how things will turn out in the end for each of them. Chris is still moving forward really steadily. The Darlingtons missed church because of memorial day out-of-town-ness so their date is going to have to be pushed (again). The Andrews girls that I wrote about last week had their permission to be baptized rescinded, so we're working on that. We are beginning to teach a family (mom, dad, and daughter) that was taught in the past and wants to start up again. So many families we're getting to work with!

The mission has been doing really well this month so next week we get an extended mission P-day at the mission office with inter-zone competitions. My loyalty still kind of lies in Murray so it might be tough... :) 

Elder Chandler
-----------------------------------

thought: conference musings

 I've been reading through the conference ensign, a talk or two a day, during personal study since we got the Ensign for May. I'm through Sunday morning. There's lots of good phrases that I've marked up but I don't have my Ensign with me. Next week, maybe.

So for now, you'll have to suffice with this haiku:

The Church of Jesus Christ
Restored through the Prophet Joseph
Is the Lord's true church

No comments:

Post a Comment