Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letter 02-18-2014

I love the Bennion Utah East Stake! The people here are so awesome... We've played dodgeball every Saturday evening the last 2 months and we've started to get SO many people coming. Lots of inactives and some non-members. Our investigators love to come too, ha.
This week is actually transfer week, and I'm moving (wow) back to Murray. I'll be serving as a District Leader still over in the Murray South stake. It's kind of a funny story because way back a year ago when I was in Little Cottonwood I had to call the Murray South stake mission leader to coordinate some things, and he prophetically stated that he "would look forward to working with me in the future". Interesting, haha. Murray Little Cottonwood is actually in my district, so that means I can go and eat at all my old haunts (including the Despains, ha.) I'm sad to leave this stake though. But it won't be too long til I'll be back.
Jennieca was going to be baptized on Saturday, but she didn't come to church this Sunday. We had her all ready but she decided at the last second as we were biking over to go to her old Pentecostal church one time just to double check and make sure she was making the right decision. She said she didn't feel the Spirit, and that there's definitely something special in our church. While she may have made the right decision for her testimony, it does mean she has to wait another week to be baptized, so on March 1st she'll go through with it.
We had stake conference with an Elder Steven Allen on Saturday and Sunday. Usually missionaries aren't invited to Saturday sessions of stake conference but we all had a special invite. It was really cool. We got to be on a panel with some youth, some couples, and the conference was just us each answering the one question: what do you think about when you're going to sleep at night? I said baptizing and helping my district to baptize. :)
In any case I'm excited to head over to Murray again. The people there are awesome. (I hear Shaun Bradley lives in my new area.) It's hard though to say bye to an area you know so well to (likely) go to the last area I'll serve in!
Elder Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment