peeps(.com),
My companion is from Bulacon.
So today I'm going to do rubric again but I'll go back to paragraphs next week.
Tomorrow is transfers - Elder Oliveros and I are staying put.
Food - We just ate at Moochie's on State and Center. It's WAY good. There's one in South Salt Lake as well if you want to avoid me (as if it's possible but do try).
Weather - is good and hot
Teaching - Chris and Sherri were successfully interviewed and will be baptized this Saturday. :) Pictures of that next week.
Things are doing good! Hope all the vacations are going good.
-Elder Chandler
-----------------------
thought: helping people to salvation
I love Jacob 4. This time verse 13 struck me: "wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls. But behold, we are not witnesses alone in these things; for God also spake them unto prophets of old."
It made me think that I need to make sure I'm teaching for understanding, that I'm manifesting things plainly, to help other people gain salvation. The scriptures/words of the prophets are our best aids in doing so.
Part of our language study is helping Elder Oliveros memorize short scriptures that he can use in teaching; it's helping me to ground myself in foundational scriptures as well.
It's interesting to me as well that the beginning of the verse talks about the Holy Ghost, -wherefore- these things are manifested plainly.
Does it get any plainer then true or false? Right or wrong?
Our "getter" method always returns a boolean value back to us. I'm finding more and more comfort in being able to ask God and get true or false answers back to direct me where I need to be or what I need to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment