the weather - things are getting pretty hot again. but thats alright i
survive anyways pretty well.
the food - i still haven't had green jello with carrots yet. only slightly
disapointed.
the members - are cool
chris floyd - maybe you'll get to hear his story in my journal after my
mission. but hes back on date and shooting for july 27th
sherri derho - she smoked last week and so her date had to be pushed back a
week, but shes four days clean now and also shooting for july 27th. shes been
smoking for over 40 years so it's a hard change for her
annnnnd of course the update on tammy and madi - the cop cars took madi
away to a happier place than shady wasatch apartments (they don't have a name so
thats what we call them). shes at her dads now permanently. stink for us but
better for her
elder chandler
----------------------------------
thought: proof
2 Ne 11:4,5 - "God... proveth his words... my soul delighteth in proving
unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ"
secular: ethos -> pathos -> logos
As we teach, we first help people to feel an emotional connection to the
Book of Mormon, as it pertains to their needs. We then have the witnesses of our
companion, members, and the prophets in the scriptures. Finally you are able to
delve into the logic of the truthfulness of the church - the stats, the Book of
Mormon, the miracles, the "greatness of the evidences" (Hel 5:50). I, like
Jacob, love during personal study to jump into the logos, the logic, the proof
of Christ, the church, and Joseph Smith (Intro BoM last paragraph).
spiritual
It's by the Book of Mormon that God has proved his words to us. I love that
the word prove is used - a certainty that comes from being founded in truth.
That truth comes through the Holy Ghost. When I'm in personal study, my faith
has grown so much as I've noticed all of the prophecies and their fulfillment
today in the Isaiah chapters; as I've felt the Holy Ghost tell me these things
are true, I too have proof that I can see, touch, and read that we tell the
truth, no matter how many detractors there are out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment