Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Letter 01-21-2014


ERIC FOSTER GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!! :)

It was awesome! Eric's story has been a long one, starting when I first got into this area, he got shingles the day of his scheduled baptism in November. But he made it to the water on Saturday and to church on Sunday. It was an awesome spiritual experience for everyone who's been involved. His baptism also helped us to break our district's baptism record :)

The weather has been really nice actually, sitting in the mid thirties during the day. The ice is melting. People are awesome. One of the youth in our wards is dating a nonmember, so we put him on date for the 8th of February. Other than that we're still focused on finding. There's a lot of people we've found but just need to get back in with.

Elder Chandler
-----------------------------
bullets of some random thoughts:
- I really like the idea that I can go through the day, both spiritually and physically yoked with Christ. Personal applications of grace make up for how weak we are physically and spiritually. There's a literal strength I feel added to my own when I decide to "yoke up".

- Jacob 4:6-- "we search the prophets... and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope and our faith becometh unshaken..."-- By multiple witnesses and evidences is our faith created and then waxes strong-- The power of pathos-- The power of the law of two or three witnesses


- Elder Holland's statement to the mission-- "We are missionaries in the... I'm tempted to say last days, not latter days..."-- "I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I know the name of the church"-- "They [the people in your home ward] need to hear the power of the Almighty God in your voice, your countenance [at your homecoming talk]" (not just funny stories of your mission, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment