Everyone,
I found out earlier that the city of Bennion was actually dissolved into
Taylorsville not too long ago, so the area I'm in actually is about half
Taylorsville city and half Murray city (but in the Bennion Zone of the mission).
Both are awesome cities, but it's kind of interesting to have the youth split
into two different high schools. I know a lot of the Murray kids still
though.
Lately I've been noticing that my suits and my belt is a little big. When
we were at Mr Mac buying the clothes and stuff I needed for my mission, we
purposely bought stuff a bit bigger thinking I would gain some on my mission
here in the "heart of Zion". Apparently there's not enough Jell-o and funeral
potatoes to get me yet, though. Definitely not complaining.
Our teaching pool continues to increase. We went on exchanges twice this
week. Elder Reed came here (ZL) and was with me. We found a fair few people to
start teaching, especially since he was just transferred out of the area not too
long ago. The next day I conducted my first exchange as a DL and went over to
the other half of the stake with Elder Franco which was super fun as well! And
I'm sure Elder Mintey and Elder Dean had a good time as well, judging by the
Domino's boxes on the table when I got back... :)
We had a mission conference on Wednesday up at Brighton. It's always nice
to get out of our little boxes here in the valley and go somewhere fun as a
mission. The thoughts were good... a lot about OYMing. Apparently some of the
mission is struggling a lot and other parts are explosive so we want some
continuity. Our district went from having 4 people on date to 9 people on date
at time of writing so things are going great here at least!--
Elder Chandler
-------------------------------
thought:
No comments:
Post a Comment