hi all,
The weather is beautiful today! 47 degrees, clear, sunny... the mountains
look great. Too bad it's supposed to snow another inch tomorrow and bring the
cold temperatures back. :)
It's so much awesome being here with Elder Bloomfield. We decided so in
companionship inventory during weekly planning on Friday, where we both decided
we both are awesome, so everything is all good.
Sunday was an interesting blur of meetings. Ward correlation at 8, church
from 9 to 12, ward correlation at 12, church from 1 to 4, and a special stake
training meeting for us, the ward mission leaders, the bishops, the stake
presidency, with speakers President Moffat and Elder Tate, the area 70. Bernie
came to church again and is still set and golden for the 9th of March. The
Zhuckkahosee family is still on for this Saturday (after a little bit of drama),
so we're happy campers to help complete this awesome family by baptizing the
three kids and their father!
The special meeting was basically a follow up on the idea of the "pilot"
mission and how it's going. We still don't know why our mission is a "pilot",
and President Moffat confirmed when he said even he hasn't been given direction
on what they're implementing much different over here. Interesting.
Anyways things are going great and joyful!
-------------
thought: prophetic direction
I guess we don't really need to know why or what the new mission is. I
really like this story and I've heard it a couple times. I might have even told
it before but too bad you can hear it again.
When President Monson raised his expectations for the number of
missionaries, we responded and the number of missionaries increased from 55,000
to 58,000. People wondered where they should put these new missionaries - back
into Europe where they just cut back? more in the US? And so some of the 70 set
out to show why these missionaries needed to go to the Salt Lake Valley.
When their plan to create two new missions (the West and the Central) was
presented to the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve, the prophet
asked for a sustaining vote. Apparently President Eyring was missing from the
meeting. One of the people present asked if it was appropriate to wait until
President Eyring would be able to vote as well, but President Monson promptly
raised both his hands and said, "no, I think I can vote for him".
What more do we need to know about the mission other than it's divinely
inspired and supported by the prophet of God on earth today?
writing from the best mission in the world,
Elder Chandler
I love this attitude!!
ReplyDelete