Thursday, December 6, 2012

Email from Sister Larsen--


Hi Brother & Sister Chandler,

I asked your son for your email address just before he was transferred. If you haven't heard, he received an emergency transfer to help another missionary.  We were very sad to hear this because we thought we had a few more weeks with him.

My name is Myra. I serve in the Stake YW Presidency of the area your son has been serving in.  We were blessed to have Elder Chandler in our home on several occasions! He and Elder Jackson would stop by often at the end of a day about once a week to say hi.  The spirit was strong with them and always lifted or spirits!

I'm writing because I wanted to let you know (which you may already
know) that your son is an amazing young man! He has a grasp for the gospel unlike any other missionary we've ever had in our home. He's so positive and has a fantastic head on his shoulders!  We have two daughters and are expecting our third daughter any day.  My husband and I often joke that we would be thrilled if our girls could find a young man just like your son to marry.

We were very sad to hear he had to leave out stake.  He will and has done amazing things already as a new missionary and I wanted to express to you my gratitude for raising such a great young man.  We are blessed to have spent the short amount of time with him and know you must be missing him.

Sincerely,

Myra (& Shane) Larsen Family
Murray Parkway Stake - 33rd ward.

Btw, where did he get that contagious laugh from... Mom or Dad?  We miss it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment